Friday, March 5, 2010

Will Walk In Clinic Prescribe Birth Control Pills

L'Horizon, a new novel by Patrick Modiano

I just heard about the emergence of a new novel by Patrick Modiano. Is called l'Horizon. I hope you buy these days. What they share is a fragment of one of his first interviews about this book. 'll Just stick with some answers. If I have time and inclination (yeah sure), I put clips of the interview check for Par and Delphine Marianne Payot Pears.

"Like her hero, Jean Bosmans, also a novelist, would you say:" They were always the same words, the same books, the same subway stations?

Yes, I have always seemed to write the same book. Every time I start one, and with a stroke of amnesia, forgetting the past and the same scenes again. It's like a hangover, some waves do not stop ... A photographer who always made the same decision, but from different angles. With my books, without realizing it, I could establish, as metro plans in which lines are lit, a sort of network combinations.

At what point found the title L'Horizon?
Before you start writing. My character returning from the distant past, and I wanted to have a certain timelessness and an opening. To give too ... as it were, is complicated ... the impression that this is superimposed on the past.
You talk regularly about ghosts of the past within their novels, who suddenly reappear years later. Does that happen in life "real"?
No, unfortunately. It is, in a way a little child, I get to use real names in my novels, my characters, waiting for someone to give me signs of life. But this would never have succeeded.
you know there are other modern tools, less romantic, you can find people ... you know the Internet?
Yes, no, in short, I do in general, to document, but I do not send emails, for example. There is something lazy, there is a time when it is too late. And then, at the same time encontrar a alguien así me parece un poco brutal, esto no me hace trabajar la imaginación.

Continua haciendo digitar sus manuscritos?
Sí, es absurdo también. Yo podría digitarlos en la computadora, pero yo necesito de esta distancia para poder corregir mis textos. En una pantalla, esto sería más simple, pero también muy rápido. Tengo miedo que la tensión se relaje. (…)

Está usted atento a lo que escriben los jóvenes novelistas. Ayuda a algunos a ser publicados.
Es decir, yo recibo una buena cantidad de manuscritos. Me alegra descubrir un nuevo novelista, esto me estimula. En conjunto, estos textos are especially interesting from a documentary point of view and human-they show followed a total anxiety, but publishers are not very literary. In my early days, the issue was still half craft, which had not changed since 1930. I wonder if today's young people are partners in the publishing industry, which eventually have become factories.

About the outset, it is true that you made false dedications in the books?
Yes, when I was 19 or 20 years I sold books and some escriturasme were easy to imitate, such as those of Paul Valéry and Malraux. I did three or four times to make money. This was not sistamático. Then it became a game when I saw a library, in the homes of others, I had fun writing fake autographs of Simone de Beauvoir to Luis Mariano, for example. And people believed it ... One day in the window of a bookstore, at the Vaugirard street, I saw a book on Robbe-Grillet, dedicated to not know who, and I recognize my signature! Sometimes reality is mixed with fiction, I remember having imitated a dedication of Beckett for a 60's singer, Pierre-Jean Vaillard. I do not know if they really met ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment