Friday, July 23, 2010

I Love Money 2 Saphyer

Errante

table in Lima today share two writers and friends. One of them is Leonardo Valencia, Ecuador, and the other Carlos Calderón Fajardo, of whom I have already noticed my admiration for his books. A Leonardo met him a few years after having met Carlos, exactly in 1993. He had arrived in Lima was not much to work in an agency advertising. Was no more than 22 or 23 years, and already had a clear vocation to literature. First thing I saw of him was an interview I did in Lima Julio Ramón Ribeyro. And I read it because, besides the interest in what he said Ribeyro, in the same magazine I had published an article, and Iván Thays. The number of that magazine joined us. And it was not a literary magazine, but a fashion magazine, a short-lived magazine called Trizio. Valencia
had things very clear and disciplined prepared to meet their objectives. I remember getting up early, I think 5:30 in the morning to start writing. It was at that hard pace and demanding that he wrote and rewrote his first book of short stories, The moon Nomad (1995).
The years he spent in Lima were intense complicity and friendship unique. In 1994 we were invited to Barquisimeto, Venezuela, to participate in an international workshop of writers who would be led by Sergio Pitol. By mistake, I booked another flight and travel to Caracas a few hours before. Leonardo, however, traveled with Thays, and became excited to know that because they made a stopover in Bogota and made it into the airport bookstore. When I gave the scope in Caracas hotel, very late, they still hoped to come across a writer, but who crossed to the elevator was a girl of no more than 15 years, with a silver wig and makeup until the cows.
The 97 I left South Korea and 98 he left Lima to settle in Barcelona. Fortunately, thanks to chance still, we have reunited several times. I have read and appreciate his later novels, The exile (2000), The Book Caytran floating Dolphin (2006) and his latest novel Kazbek (2009). The latter is a remarkable lyricism , book search and exploration that builds from the plasticity of words, since their mobility and essence.
The copy of this novel gave me in Barcelona. And when I left his apartment, just steps edificio en su Travessera de Dalt, lei me that the dedicatoria escribió, y me gusto con su doblemente from "novelita wandering."

0 comments:

Post a Comment