Monday, February 28, 2011

Antique Drivers License



Those who know some of my books on my novel, Let the earth will know that the theme of the brothers, impersonations and correspondences between them, appeals to me greatly. And I was interested in literature to approach the author with passion-or ghost-like. I can say that, somehow, outside of the qualities I like to join so dysfunctional literary family.
Many also know my interest in French novels of Patrick Modiano. The reasons for my fascination with this author I have encountered in more than one post, and do not intend to repeat. Not today. But if I bring it up to Modiano's because I just read something that has amazed me. A study is in bookstores, rather weak as a whole, in fact, about the life of Modiano and direct links to his novels. However his first chapter grabbed me because it speaks of Modiano's brother, Rudy, died as a child, and whose disappearance marked the literary work it, to the extent that the investigator discovers, almost police, Patrick Modiano placed on the lapels of their books and interviews the date of the birth of his brother, two years younger, and their characters, as autobiographical as criticism, actually are a perpetual tribute to Rudy and the players are, indeed, the history, stories, not this brother lived.
already in their stories there are many references to impersonations, like his protagonist in several of his novels, which forged autographs of famous writers, before being sold these books at unbelievable prices. Now I have, therefore, one more reason to admire this author and read it from another angle, from other mirrors.

0 comments:

Post a Comment